Applications are open for the Farmz2u ‘Food For Thought’ Essay Contest 2020 for Young Nigerians. The ‘Food For Thought’ Challenge is focused on the SDGs 2 – Zero Hunger and SDG 12 – Responsible Production and Consumption. It aims to sensitize the youth of the numerous opportunities in Agriculture through Technology which they believe are key drivers of food sustainability.
With 25% of the global population predicted to be in Africa by 2050, the continent must expand its agricultural production capacity to ensure global food sustainability. The Sub Saharan African region has the necessary resources required to grow its agricultural operations including; fertile and unused land, a growing youth population and favourable government policies.
The ‘Food For Thought’ Challenge is a maiden project by Farmz2u – an agritech startup that helps farmer farm better through the use of technology and tailored agricultural expertise.
Essay topic: Youth and Technology – Driver of Food Sustainability.
The First Prize winner receives:
- Cash prize;
- Blog feature on Farmz2u;
- Campus ambassadorship;
- Farmz2U swag pack, and much more.
- Open to all undergraduates and recent graduates across Nigeria.
- Applicant should have an interest in the Agricultural space.
- Essay must be on the topic above.
- Essay must not exceed 500 words or 2500 characters.
- Essays would be judged based on Content, Feasibility and Engagement.
Draft out your essay (not more than 500 words) before commencing application to ease the process.
For more information, visit Farmz2u.
Deadline: July 25, 2020