Applications are open for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2020. The WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship develops leadership, innovation, employability and well-being skills required by young graduates to succeed in the engineering industry and beyond.
In 2020, WomEng is redesigning WomEng Southern Africa as an online programme; materials and tools will be supplied to fellows to learn in your own space and time. This will be supplemented with regular online chats via WhatsApp and live masterclasses.
The programme will be run in four (4) modules between September 2020 – March 2021 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks. The programme is designed to help shape the way you think about yourself as engineering professional and leader.
The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership Now – Unlocking Your Story and Style
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future of Work
- Module 3: Mental Space – Learning to Recharge and Look After Yourself
- Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Engaged fellows will be invited to in-person networking events with leaders from De Beers Group in your country (South Africa, Botswana or Namibia) in 2021.
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, employability and well-being skills.
- Grow your professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend an in-person networking event with leaders from De Beers Group in your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana) in 2021.
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2021 or 2022.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2020 – March 2021 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
- Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return. You can download the questions here.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by end of August 2020.
- Further details regarding the programme delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.
For more information, visit WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship.
Deadline: July 31, 2020