Applications are open for the Africa Blockchain Institute (ABI) Campus Blockchain Hackathon 2021. The Campus Blockchain Hackathon is intended to give the students of higher institutions in Africa an early exposure to the career and business opportunities being presented by the Blockchain/DLT Digital Innovations.
The Hackathon creates a structured and sustainable community that nurtures and empowers awesome developers by providing and democratizing access to knowledge, capital, and mentorship. This Contest asks students from higher academic institutions across Africa, to build Blockchain Applications on Free TON that will add value both to the continent, and to the Free TON network.
The Contest starts with competition within each African country. Winners of the country-based contest will now proceed to the regional contest – all these done virtually. Eventually, winners from the regional contest will be invited to Visit Rwanda for the Grand Finale – to be done physically (all expenses paid).
- Fintech infrastructure/Digital Wallets (to help those who do not have access to banking).
- Human rights protection.
- Land ownership and registry.
- National voting platforms.
- High-Tech job creation.
- Any other (Feel free to specify any other applications that best serve the needs of Africa.
- This contest will provide regards for winners whose topics are chosen for the Hackathon separately from this list).
- 1st Prize: 25,000 TONS
- 2nd Prize: 15,000 TONS
- 3rd Prize: 5,000 TONS
- 4th – 20th Place: 1,000 TONS
- Open to ambitious students that are forward thinking, innovative, and ready to take on challenges by creating the next “Big Thing”.
- Applicants should be Africans and/or of African descendants, studying in an African Institution of Higher Learning.
- Student should have ID Card.
- Must have basic Knowledge of programming languages, i.e., ability to write code in one or all of these languages is mandatory: Solidity, C++, or C.
- Have a Github account.
The duration of the Hackathon is from February 1, 2021 to April 8, 2021. Th Grand Finale will be hosted at the African Leadership University, Kigali-Rwanda.
For more information, visit Africa Blockchain Institute.
Deadline: January 22, 2021