The Fulbright Program creates connections in a complex and changing world. Led by the United States government in partnership with 160 countries worldwide, Fulbright offers unparalleled international educational and cultural exchange experiences.
The global network of Fulbrighters fosters mutual understanding between the United States and partner nations, advances knowledge across communities, and improves lives around the globe. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and administered by AMIDEAST in the MENA region, the scholarship is a merit-based grant that provides funding for graduate-level study at a U.S. university. For over four decades, AMIDEAST has been placing students from across the MENA region at universities throughout the United States and continues to support them throughout their program and once they become alumni.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program operates in more than 160 countries worldwide. Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by bi-national Fulbright Commissions, U.S. Embassies, and cooperating agencies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices. AMIDEAST is one of the cooperating agencies contracted by the U.S. Department of State to administer the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the Middle East and North Africa.
The scholarship is a merit-based award that provides up to two years of funding for graduate-level study or research at a U.S. university. For over four decades, AMIDEAST has been placing students from across the MENA region into universities throughout the United States, providing support and assistance to students on the program and working with alumni. AMIDEAST continues today to support countless Fulbrighters who have successfully completed their grants in the United States. Learn more about the Fulbright Program and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
- Bachelor’s degree at the time of program start date
- Strong academic language
- English proficiency and/ or ability to attend a Long-Term English (LTE) Program in the United States prior to the study program.
- Additional eligibility requirements differ by country of citizenship.
Note that students cannot apply for programs with clinical requirements such as dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, nursing. Fields such as public health and nursing administration are permitted.
Fulbright admission requirements, length of the program, type of award, and application instructions vary by country
- Tuition, a living stipend, academic allowances, and travel funds.
- Opportunity to experience life in the United States and share your unique culture and traditions
- Cultural and professional enrichment activities.
- Join a lifelong alumni network of global leaders.
- Pre-Academic Training, Gateway, and Enrichment Seminars.
- Eligible for alumni grants after completing your program and returning home.
- Gain knowledge and skills that contribute to your home community.
- Improve your English language skills.
Application Deadline: Varying by Countries
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AMIDEAST Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2021/2022