Entries are invited for the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2020. The Competition exists to recognise great photography, and more importantly great photography that has captured a wild animal doing something so funny that makes us snort into our cup of tea.
The competition also tries to raise the issue of conservation through a humourous, upbeat and positive association with these animals. The simple idea behind it all is the belief that humour and positivity have a major role to play in building awareness, interest and eventually action towards protecting the animals that live on this planet.
- The Alex Walker’s Serian Creatures of the Land Category: Enter up to three of your funniest pictures of wildlife which lives on the land. Couldn’t be simpler. Don’t panic if the animal, like a squirrel, for example, looks like he is flying, it still lives on the land, so bung it in here. Another thing, remember if your pic is hilarious but in the wrong category, fret not they will put it into the right category, simple as that.
- The Spectrum Creatures in the Air Category: You guessed it, birds, bats and any other creatures that fly. If you have a funny pterodactyl (and yes, I had to use spell checker) image, put it in, seriously, although that might mean the image is more than 99 years old, so wouldn’t be acceptable, but perhaps worth trying.
- The ThinkTank Photo Junior Category: This is a category for kids with a talent for taking great and funny wildlife pictures. You have to be less than 16 years old by 11.59pm, June 30, 2019 (BST). So, if you are 15 and turn 16 on July the 9, bummer big time!! Enter your funny pics into the other categories! If you have a query, fret not ping the organisers an email.
- The Amazing Internet Portfolio Category: This is a brilliant category and to be honest a hard one. They want a collection of 4 images which are a collection, or portfolio, (that clue is in the category title) of really funny wildlife images. You can put 4 unconnected images in, as your portfolio, but you will get more points if the 4 images are connected, say “4 African Mammal Funny pics” for example, or they can be 4 images which are really funny from a single scene.
- The Underwater Category: This category is for creatures (fish mainly to be honest) which live in water.
- The Video Clip Category: Listen carefully; this is the category where you can enter up to 2 video clips and each one can be no more than 60 seconds. They should be a maximum resolution of 1080p HD at 30fps with a maximum file size of 150MB but any resolution below that is acceptable too.
- Overall winner will
- Receive a wonderful hand made metal trophy as the Winner from the Wonder Workshop in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Win a one week safari in Kenya for two people with Alex Walker’s Serian (the prize is to be used in one of their Masai Mara based camps in Kenya).
- Also be the winner of a fabulous Z 6 Nikon and a NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR lens courtesy of the wonderful people at Nikon.
- Category winners will receive a beautiful certificate.
- The Comedy Wildlife Portfolio Category Winner prize is a wonderful Portfolio Series website from Amazing Internet for one year. Portfolio Series was created specifically for photographers so this is an ideal opportunity to show off and sell your amazing photos!
- And for all the other category winners there are a range of bags to win from the Awesome THINK TANK collection.
- You can enter a total of up to 10 images, 4 portfolio entries and an additional 6 entries into the other categories, and 2 videos – that’s it, no more.
- You can enter up to 3 images into each category, except the Amazing Internet (and they are…) Portfolio category where you have to enter 4 pictures.
- The total number of images across all categories must not exceed 10.
- There is only one category for video.
The competition closes on May 31, 2020 but the sooner you enter the sooner the organisers can show the world how funny this year’s entries are.
Deadline: May 31, 2020
For more information, visit Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards.