Call for Short Film Idea Notes for the Digital Storytellers Project are now open. The Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development invites interested parties to develop idea notes for producing research-based short films for feeding into debates related to the 2030 Agenda for a global sustainable development.
The second phase of the Digital Storytellers has the objective to produce short films that convey clear key messages in view of research contributions to the 2030 Agenda and address specific target audiences. These short films should benefit from the footage collected during the first phase of the DST project as well as other film material produced in the r4d programme.
- The available budget for the second phase of the Digital Storytellers project is CHF 180,000 and should enable the production of more than one short film by different filmmakers.
- Open to experienced filmmakers, producers and distribution companies.
- Applicants must be interested in developing idea notes for producing research-based short films for feeding into debates related to the 2030 Agenda for a global sustainable development.
The selection process for the Digital Storytellers second phase has two steps:
- The call for idea notes aims at clarifying the potential use of the available film material and the potentially emerging messages. The idea notes outline steps for producing and disseminating short films as contributions to working towards the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda.
- The submitted idea notes will be evaluated by the r4d Steering Committee, composed of representatives of the two funders SDC and SNSF. It will select a small number of idea notes for preparing full proposals for short films. For the preparation of full proposals, the r4d programme will make fully available the existing film material.
Documents to be submitted include:
- A motivation letter
- An idea note using the structure as provided in Annex 1, maximal length 3 pages
- CVs of the key involved persons
- URLs to work samples, if possible related to 2030 Agenda/sustainable development themes
The idea notes have to be submitted electronically, using the template provided in the Call document, by September 30, 2020 at 12.00h CET, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit Digital Storytellers Project.
Deadline: September 30, 2020