Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2021 for Postgraduate Study in South Africa (Funded), Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seek to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2021, due to the impact of Covid-19 pandemic and funding availability, the trust will only be supporting postgraduate studies within the area of Education for selected countries in southern Africa.
The research focus must relate to one of the following themes:
- Improving quality of education in southern Africa
- Access to education in southern Africa
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
We will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Applicants will automatically be considered for the Ros Moger Terry Furlong scholarship. Please see this page for more information about this named award.
How to apply
We are now accepting applications. You can access the online application form through the link below.
Application is Monday 10th August 2020.
For More Information: