Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Sub-Regional Fellowship 2020, The Fellows Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments should be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
Reporting Lines The fellow will report to an assigned supervisor.
The fellow will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
The fellow will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR), prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the fellow.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
- Candidates should be fully sponsored by a sending/external entity.
AO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant working or research experience in one of the fields of the Organization. Selection Criteria
Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.Information to applicants
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from the global south and Indigenous Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
Candidates are requested to attach to their application a research proposal, copy of their academic qualifications and copies of their language proficiency certificates.
All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office.FAO does not provide remuneration to fellows
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website Jobs at FAO at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
Application Deadline: July 31st 2020
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the FAO Sub-Regional Fellowship 2020