Innovate Accelerator Program 2020 for Somali Startups (Funding up to $30,000), Are you an early-stage startup based in the Somali region? Are you working at the cutting edge of innovation, or developing a tech-enabled product or service addressing a big local need? Are you passionate about your business idea? Apply for Innovate Accelerator Program 2020!
Innovate Ventures is the leading Somali start-up accelerator and technology fund. The program partners with VC4A, Telesom, and Oxfam as part of Work in Progress! project. To date, the program has graduated over 50 start-ups and has invested almost $100,000 in its graduates. As part of the acceleration package, you will receive training, mentorship by domain experts, access to an extensive business network, visibility, and a chance to get investment.
- 12-week intensive training and mentoring on business and operational skills
- Access to leading telecoms and banks in the Somaliland and Somalia
- Pitching in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- Equity funding for at least 3 startups of up to $30,000.
To be eligible,
- Your business is based in Somaliland or Somalia;
- Your business is technology-oriented;
- The founders are between 18-35 years old;
- The founders are committed to attending the accelerator programme in Hargeisa.
Complete the application form before June 30 to qualify for the accelerator program. You will hear back from the Innovate Ventures team within four weeks whether your start-up has been selected.
If selected, you will be asked to participate in the 1-week pre-accelerator bootcamp. After the bootcamp, 12 startups will advance to the main program. The program will take place in Hargeisa.
The program will conclude in a Demo Day, where start-ups will pitch to a room full of local and international investors and media. The top 3 start-ups will receive up to $30,000 in equity investment from the Innovate Ventures Fund.
Deadline: June 30, 2020
For more information, visit Innovate Accelerator Program.