MEPI is offering fully-funded Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate program (TLG) – a unique opportunity to pursue a master’s degree through leading American institutions with American-accreditation in the MENA region: the American University of Beirut (AUB) and the Lebanese American University (LAU).
TLG program spans a period of two years with the purpose of equipping graduate students with the professional experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders while supporting and increasing scholars’ knowledge in gender issues specific to the various fields of study.
The TLG program offers students several activities and opportunities to develop their academic and leadership capacities. On the academic front, research is the backbone of the program. Students work closely with qualified faculty on research agendas crafted in line with the MEPI-TLG goals. Starting as graduate research assistants while taking their MA courses, they gain quality research skills, which will allow them later to conceptualize and conduct their own full-fledged research.
The MEPI TLG program provides the following opportunities and services for the students selected into the program:
- Full coverage of all applicable charges for enrollment, tuition, and fees;
- University Medical insurance coverage;
- A monthly living allowance;
- Student housing;
- One laptop for the duration of the program;
- A yearly book allowance;
- Two round-trip tickets from and to home country, where applicable
- Exposure to and engagement in different community development projects and/or internships in host country, and/or their home countries to learn about different forms of intervention and apply such learning back in their respective countries;
- Academic advising, mentoring services, and learning services;
- Professional training on leadership and gender.
To be eligible to apply, one must:
- Be committed to complete your Master’s degree within two years (Starting fall 2021).
- Be committed to pursue hands-on public policy research and work as part of your Master’s program.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (Maintain a GPA of 3.0 throughout the academic years).
- Be a citizen of Algeria/ Egypt/ Iraq/ Jordan/ Lebanon/ Morocco/ Syria (residing outside of Syria)/ Tunisia/ Yemen
- Note: American citizens and Green Card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Demonstrate financial need status per MEPI and host university Financial Aid policies. Applicants should be underrepresented or economically deserving students and should submit the relevant Financial Aid application as per the below.
For more information, visit https://tn.usembassy.gov/tomorrows-leaders-graduate-tlg-program/