Are you an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies? Apply now for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Studies in the UK.
The university offers a scholarship of £4,000 to African students that will be paid as a discount on the tuition fee. The scholarship is awarded as a partial tuition fee waiver and is available for students on postgraduate taught Masters courses (excluding MBA).
- These scholarships are restricted to applicants who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded. They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored;
- Applicants must be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union);
- These scholarships may be awarded to students who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries, and who are nationals of an African nation;
- Graduates of the University of Essex are not eligible for this award;
- Students must have been awarded a first degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees. The Essex MBA is excluded;
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards;
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
- These scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where a student, to whom a scholarship has been offered, requests deferred entry, the award will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
If you have a degree from any of the following countries, these are the academic requirements:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by the University’s Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
- These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered;
- The University will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted;
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 18 September 2020, and obtain a place on a course at Essex, will be considered for these scholarships.
Deadline: September 18, 2020
For more information, visit University of Essex.